Dr. Jim Burson – A history of service
Dr. Jim Burson has been providing quality, compassionate, and evidence-based general otolaryngology (ear, nose, and throat) services to Coweta, Fayette and surrounding counties since 1995. He opened his new private practice in January 2017 to continue providing the exceptional medical and surgical ENT care that his patients enjoyed for years.
Dr. Burson was born in Carrollton, Ga. He attended Davidson College (B.S.) then Emory University Medical School (M.D.) and Emory University Affiliated Hospitals for internship/residency (General Surgery/Otolaryngology). He is board Certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology. Dr. Burson began practicing in Newnan, GA in 1995 and expanded his ENT practice into Peachtree City in 2010.
His expertise includes:
- general adult and pediatric otolaryngology
- tonsil and adenoid surgery
- ear tube placement
- endoscopic sinus surgery
- balloon sinuplasty
- diagnosis and treatment of nasal and sinus disorders
- allergy diagnosis and treatment
- diagnosis of treatment of hearing loss
- diagnosis and treatment of dizziness/vertigo
- diagnosis and treatment of ear infections
- diagnosis and treatment of throat and voice disorders
- headache evaluation and treatment
- head and neck surgery
Dr. Sydney Cowing
Dr. Sydney Cowing is a licensed audiologist in the state of Georgia and has worked for Dr. Burson for the past 4 years. She graduated from Florida State University with a Bachelor of Science in Communication Disorders in 2010 and went on to receive her Doctorate of Audiology from Auburn University in 2014.
She completed her clinical rotations and externship at ENT Associates of Alabama, Central Alabama ENT Associates, and Columbus Speech and Hearing Center with an emphasis in the diagnosis and treatment of pediatric and adult hearing loss and vestibular disorders.
- Pure tone audiometry
- Speech understanding
- Tympanometry (middle ear)
- Otoacoustic Emissions (inner ear)
- Newborn hearing screening
- Free Hearing Aid Consultations
- Hearing Aids (all styles)
- Made-for-iPhone technology
- TV and Bluetooth Accessories
- Amplification Programming & Rehabilitation
- Custom Earmolds
- Hearing Protection Devices